Who are we?
We are the Southampton Medics Revue Company - a team of medical students at the University of Southampton who write and produce an all-singing, all-dancing comedy stage production every year to raise money for charity.
The Medics Revue has been running now for over 40 years and
has raised thousands of pounds for both local and national charities each year.
This year we are fundraising for two very deserving charities:
- Bowel Cancer UK (http://www.bowelcanceruk.org.uk/) is a national charity aiming to save lives and improve the quality of life for all those affected by bowel cancer, through raising awareness, campaigning for best treatment and care and providing practical support and advice
- Two Saints (http://www.twosaints.org.uk/) is a local charity working across Hampshire, West Berkshire, Poole and Oxford to improve the lives of those who are homeless, vulnerable or in need of support. They provide housing, support and learning services in order to help break the cycle of homelessness, poverty and exclusion
Where will the money go?
Any money raised will go towards our overheads and help fund the show, so that all of the profits from the show can go to our 2 fantastic charities. If we surpass our target, any extra pennies will be used towards the running cost of this year's show and for future Medics Review activities so we can keep putting on great shows that support some great charities. We may be silly on stage, but when it comes to raising money for our causes, we take things very seriously.
To give you an idea, here are just some of our costs (NB some are approximated as they haven't been finalised yet):
- Venue hire: £35 (per show)
- Microphone hire: £50 per cast member
- Show T-shirts for cast/crew/band and tech team : £5 (per tshirt)
- Materials for props/costumes: £150
- Printing costs (posters/tickets/programmes): £150
Had an idea for something you'd like us to do in return for some of your hard earned monies?? Let us know, and we might just be able to do it. No guarantees, but we'll do our utmost to please. We're those kind of people. FACT. Send us an email, and we'll see what we can do... Special recordings, shout outs at shows, VIP treatment of someone coming to see the show. If you can think of it, we'll see if we can do it.
Find us here
- On Facebook - Medics Revue
- On Twitter @MedicsRevue
- Search for Medics Revue on Youtube for some giggles :)
- Drop us an email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website coming soon...
Anything you might be able to contribute will help us but on a great show, to quote a major supermarket, every little helps! If you don't feel able to donate though, please help by spreading the word, to friends, family, anyone and everyone!! Please help make this year's Revue the BEST EVER.
And don't forget if you want to come check out the show in all it's glory, make sure you reserve your ticket, and come down to the Annex Theatre on Highfield Campus 25th to 29th November 2014. Just £6 for poor student types and £10 for everyone else...